MINUTES FOR OFFICERS’ MEETING
THURSDAY, MAY 5, 2022
Pascal Guillotin, Jean F. Claude, Jacques Coustar, Gérard Drouet, Gérard Vidal, Gerald Barthelemy, Thomas Santamaria, Michel Pombet, Daniel DiGiacomo, Henri Dubarry, Bernard Malet-Dupont
Yves Busnel, Cyril Renaud, Cedo Pavlovic, Maurice Pailleret, Jean LeRouzic, Anthony Marzuillo, Dominique Payraudeau, Jean F. Géraud, Joseph Boljonis, Louise Hoffman, Marc Sarrazin, André Moisan, Kate Wayler, Susan Lifrieri-Lowry, Steve Walljasper, Joanne Lewin-Jacus, Laurent Richard, Remi Lorgoulloux, Jean-Louis Gérin, Sébastien Baud, Serge Devesa, Jean-Louis Dumonet
Angel Sanay, Laurent Morisse, Daniel Monneaux, Dominique Mitais, Pierre Baran, André Soltner, Nduvoakim Abdus-Salaam, Claude Godard, Jean-Jacques Bernat
President Pascal Guillotin opened the meeting at 3:18 p
Pension: Nothing to report.
Death Notices: Nothing to report.
– Eric Martin’s request for sickness benefits were approved at the April 14th Trustees’ Meeting.
– James Mollitor’s request for sickness benefits were approved at the Trustees’ Meeting of April 14th.
SCP Dinner Gathering: The dinner will be held on Sunday, May 15th at Bistro Vendome. Prices are as follows, which was decided by the trustees
– $100 for Officers and Trustees, plus one guest;
– $150 for members, plus one guest.
– Space is limited to 78 people.
– RSVP is needed no later than May 9th to the office.
Picnic: It was the decision of the officers and trustees to postpone the 2022 Picnic.
Culinarian Home Foundation: Jean LeRouzic reported that he and Jean-Claude Blazy along with their wives, Michelle and Claudie took a trip to the Home last week. Jean and Jean-Claude removed some dead trees. Jean said there were quite a few dead trees on the property. The ladies worked hard on trimming the bushes. Jean spoke with Terry Newman and was informed that one resident came down with Covid and had to be taken to the hospital, he’s doing better but will be sent to rehab. Four residents have also tested positive for Covid and Kathy Simpson also came down with Covid. No-one became very ill because they are all vaccinated, but still are sick. Once again, nobody is allowed into the Home. Things are improving, but slowly. Then Jean gave a report on the generator. He said they are still waiting for answers. It has been 14 -15 months ago that we signed the contract, but nothing is moving.
Newsletter: Louise Hoffman reported there are photos and articles ready for the next newsletter. We are looking at a mid-June print.
Introduction of New Member: Gerald Barthelemy, Owner and Chef of St. Tropez, which is located in Soho, was formally inducted into the Société Culinaire Philanthropique at the May 5th Officers’ Meeting. Gerald’s two sponsors are Luc Holié and Laurent Morisse. Gerald was born in Vichy, France and has worked in various restaurants in Paris and Montreal before opening a restaurant in NYC. He is married and resides in New Jersey. Photos were taken with Gerald, President Pascal, Henri Dubarry, and Jean F. Claude. Gerald signed the New Members Book and was presented with the SCP Pin, 150th Anniversary Book, and a pen. Welcome, Gerald to the SCP Family!
– The CIA’s 2022 Leadership Award Dinner was held on Monday, May 2nd at the Ziegfeld Ballroom. Gérard Drouet and Steve Walljasper attended. Gérard Drouet said it was a very nice event and he and Steve enjoyed their dinner. Gérard said he had a good time.
– The American Society of Le Souvenir Français held a wreath laying ceremony to pay homage to the 463 French Draftees and American Volunteers who lost their life for France on Friday, May 6th at 11:00 am at the Church of Notre Dame. Mr. Jérémie Robert, Consul Général of France in NY and the Federation of French War Veterans were in attendance. President Pascal asked Henri Dubarry if he was attending and Henri responded only to the Church.
Report of the Chapters:
– NJ Chapter: Michael Latour is planning a meeting on Monday, June 13th at 1:00 pm at the Joe Jefferson Club. Space is limited to 20 people.
– LI Chapter: James Mollitor held a meeting on Sunday, April 24th at Encore Luxury Living located in Jericho, NY. President Pascal said it was a nice meeting. Alain DecCoster is the Chef at Encore.
– Florida Chapter: The April 27th meeting had to be cancelled due to illness in the chefs family.
– Mid-Hudson Chapter: Cynthia Keller said it is challenging to schedule a meeting at this time.
Report by the Committee of French Speaking Societies: Henri Dubarry had nothing to report.
– One-hundred and sixteen members have paid their dues so far, (1 remains to pay). On April 1st a certified letter was sent to the member who still owes his dues. President Pascal spoke about the how the dues are payable by the end of December. The dues are $200.00. He further said he shouldn’t have to remind members to pay their yearly membership fee.
Elections: The SCP Elections will be held via google email. Members will vote for their candidate on-line and submit it electronically. Pierre Baran will be the Chairman. Any member who wants to volunteer their time and help out with different committees, please let Pascal know.
Report by Archivist: Nothing to report.
– Thank you phone call received from Jean-Pierre Stoehr for the get well fruit basket.
– Thank you email received from Marc Sarrazin for the get well basket received.
Marc was in attendance on zoom and thanked everyone for the thoughtful gift. It was much appreciated.
4:30 pm – President Pascal and members of the Executive Committee will interview a new potential member, Rodrigo Campos.
The next Quarterly Meeting will be held June 2, 2022.
Meeting was adjourned at 3:42 pm