MINUTES FOR QUARTERLY MEETING
THURSDAY, JUNE 1, 2023
President Pascal Guillotin opened the meeting at 3:01 pm and welcomed everyone to the June 1st meeting.
He said Hello to All on Zoom and to All in the Office.
He thanked everyone for coming.
Attendees: Jacky Parault, Thomas Santamaria, Henry Dubarry, Dominique Payraudeau,
Gérard Vidal, Pascal Guillotin, Pascal Petiteau, Anthony Arbeeny, Alain Quirin,
Zoom Attendees: Jean F. Claude, Yves Busnel, Maurice Pailleret, Serge Devesa, Joseph Boljonis
Susan Lifrieri-Lowry, Laurent Richard, Joanne Lewin-Jacus, Kate Wayler, André Moisan,
Excused: Jean-Jacques Bernat, Steven Vangelder, Arno Schmidt, Dominique Mitais
Bernard Malet-Dupont, Louise Hoffman, Steve Walljasper, Angel Sanay,
Jean-Louis Dumonet, Robert Walljasper, Laurent Morisse,
- Pension: Nothing to report.
- 2023 Dinner Dance: Alain Quirin was present at the meeting. He said it was a wonderful Dinner Dance. Bernard Liberatore did a fantastic job. Alain had no complaints, everything went great, the meal was wonderful. Alain wished everyone a great summer. It was a great time for everyone. Next years’ Dinner Dance will more than likely be at the end of April, keep your calendars free. It’s important we keep this tradition going.
- 2023 Picnic: The picnic invitation was emailed to all members on Tuesday, May 16th. The deadline to respond is August 15th and will be strictly adhered to. Eight Hundred guests are invited, which is inclusive of 50 residents from the Home. President Pascal spoke and said basically we are capping the number of picnic participants at 750. We are not going over that number.
- Newsletter: The newsletter was emailed to all members on May 24th and mailed Wednesday, May 31st.
- Report of the Chapters:
- LI Chapter: James Mollitor is planning a meeting on Tuesday, June 6th, at 6:30 pm. Location will be the Great Neck Diner, 14 Grace Ave., Great Neck, NY. Email was sent on May 16th.
- NJ Chapter: Michael Latour is hosting a chapter meeting on Thursday, June 29th at 3:00 pm at Park West Tavern Restaurant in Ridgewood, NJ. Email was sent on May 25th.
- Mid-Hudson Chapter: Cynthia Keller is planning a meeting Sunday, July 9th, 11:30 am
light lunch immediately after the meeting. Meeting location is Cynthia’s home, 5 Platt
Avenue, Rhinebeck, NY.
- Florida Chapter: A meeting and luncheon was held on Monday, April 24th at Belle & Maxwell’s in West Palm Beach. Francis Richard has stepped down as President and turned the Presidency over to Peter Panais. Maurice Pailleret spoke and said the meeting was very nice and well attended. Francis Richards’s wife was very ill and that was the deciding factor for him to pass the torch to Peter Panais. Maurice thinks Peter Panais will do a very good job as the FL Chapter President. President Pascal thanked Maurice for helping Francis Richard organize the meeting.
- Death Notices: Nothing to report.
- Sickness Benefits: Nothing to report.
- Culinarian Home Foundation: Jean LeRouzic is away in France and is unable to report.
- Report by the Committee of French Speaking Societies: Henri Dubarry reported there is a new President.
- The 2022 – 2023 SCP Yearbook is being updated. Edits have been received and reviewed, with more to come. The last entry will be after today’s Quarterly Meeting.
- 112 Proof of Life Forms have been sent to retired members; due date to be returned to the office is June 30, 2023. Eighty-nine forms have been received; 23 members still need to send in their form.
- Thomas Santamaria and Ms. Kate Wayler laid a blanket of flowers at the graves at Greenwood Cemetery in observance of Memorial Day. Kate took photos and said all went well. Mr. Santamaria spoke and said everything was nice and all was in order. He also took photos and showed them to those present in person at the meeting. Kate spoke and said it’s a beautiful cemetery, she asked Thomas to take a video of her dancing on a grave site, because she will be buried there. President Pascal said, let’s wait on that Kate, not for many years.
- Terry Newman, Director of the Culinarians’ Home, placed a wreath of flowers at the graves at New Paltz Cemetery in honor of Memorial Day. We thank them all for their service.
- Condominium: Nothing to report.
- Report by Archivist: Pascal Petiteau had nothing to report. President Pascal spoke and said for those who have not heard this before, the original Membership Book has been refurbished.
- Miscellaneous: Thank you letter received from Shantel Panton, NYCCT graduate awarded for outstanding potential in culinary arts.
- Members Discussion:
- Jean F. Claude – Good afternoon. I’m in the Dominican Republic, heading back to the States in two weeks. Steve and I have been in constant contact with the picnic coming in September. The picnic should be good, things are falling into place.
- Yves Busnel – Very happy to be here with you. I hope one day to be with you in the office again
- Maurice Pailleret – I’m very happy to be back in NJ, we spent six months in Florida. Maybe we can play pétanque for the picnic? Looking forward to doing the 50/50 at the picnic.
- Serge Devesa – Happy to be with you guys today. I’m very busy. It’s over two years that I’m at the LAX Hilton. I’m leaving Saturday for Paris for a couple of days.
- Joseph Boljonis – Kate, if I don’t see a video of you dancing on your grave, I won’t believe it. All is good, busy. See you soon.
- Susan Lifrieri-Lowry – Hi everybody. School finished last Thursday. I’m upstate, it’s hot, 90 degrees and no rain. Olivia I like the new format of the Newsletter, looks good. Have a great summer everyone, see you at the picnic.
- Laurent Richard – Nothing to report. Had a question about the picnic reservation.
- Kate Wayler – So nice to see everyone. Thank you from our students for your support, they need it. I’m sure a thank you card will be coming to the office.
- Nduvoakim Abdus-Salaam – Good afternoon, Business is going pretty good. I’m slicing meat for the picnic. My wife and I enjoyed ourselves immensely at the Dinner Dance. Olivia good job on the Newsletter. It would be great if you could hold a meeting here where I work, I’m on the 100th floor at the Central Park Tower.
- Joanne Lewin-Jacus – You can’t see me but you can see all the pine trees behind me, they’re beautiful. Nice to see everybody. Dinner Dance was great, except for the weather. So good to see everybody.
- Jacky Parault – Hello to all.
- Gérard Vidal – Hello everybody, enjoy the warm weather.
- Pascal Petiteau – I’m good, busy.
- Dominique Payraudeau – I was in Hollywood, CA last week to attend a wedding. I met up with Pierre Baran, we had fun. Pierre will be here for the picnic.
- Henri Dubarry – Everything is okay, I hope you all are too.
- Thomas Santamaria – Hello everybody and have a nice day. I will see you at the Picnic.
- Anthony Arbeeny – There’s 9 of us and 11 of you, love it!
President Pascal Guillotin inquired if anyone had any comments.
There are no Meetings in the Summer.
The meeting was adjourned at 3:34 pm