Salon Of Culinary Art » Registration Info
The 145th Annual Salon of Culinary Art will be held in conjunction with the 98th International Hotel/Motel & Restaurant Show, Sunday, November 10 to Tuesday, November 12, 2013 at the Jacob Javits Convention Center, 11th Avenue at 34th Street, New York, N.Y. .
We invite you and your colleagues to participate in our culinary arts exhibition/competition. Take advantage
of this international gathering of Members of the Hospitality Field to display your artistic and creative skills.
Cash Awards will be awarded in addition to medals, trophies, etc. to exhibitors in the following categories.
Please note that all cash awards and the French Government Medal are awarded to First Prize Winners only.
- $1,000 for the best pastry exhibit table and $1,000 for the best cooking exhibit table in the Grand Prize of the Salon Competition (Medal of the French Government category).
- $500 for the best piece of the Show
- $250 for the best cooking centerpiece of the Salon
- $250 for the best pastry centerpiece of the Salon
- $250 for the best meat platter of the Salon
- $250 for the best fish platter of the Salon
- $250 for the best wedding or occasion cake of the Salon
- $250 for the best chocolate or sugar work piece of the Salon
- $250 for the best bakery display
Consult your tax advisor regarding treatment of above awards.
TO ENTER THIS EVENT
What should you send?
- Completed entry form
- Registration fee (check or money orderto the order of Societe Culinaire Philanthropique)
To: SOCIETE CULINAIRE PHILANTHROPIQUE
305 East 47th Street - Room 11B
New York, N.Y. 10017
NO LATER THAN OCTOBER 18, 2013
- No applications will be considered after this date.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
REGISTRATION FEES ARE AS FOLLOWS
- $50.00 for each entry
- $125.00 for applicant of the Medal of the French Government Competition
- $200.00 for applicant of the Marc Sarrazin Trophy Competition
- $50.00 for High Schools (4' x 4' table – 5 students)
Before the event, you will receive:
- Confirmation letter with detailed logistic information.
- Car pass to the Jacob Javits Convention Center
- Exhibit space
After the event, you will receive an invitation to the award ceremony.
JUDGING AND AWARDS
Each exhibit will be judged by a panel of judges. Each exhibitor will receive a certificate. Prizes, trophies and medals will be awarded on the basis of merit.
Individual Piece Categories
In order to accommodate all exhibitors work for each applicant to exhibit, we will provide one 2'x4' table for your platter or showpiece to be judged.
- The Medal of the French Government category requires a 4'x 8' table
- The Marc Sarrazin Competition requires a 4' x 12' table
- High School exhibits will be provided with a 4'x 4' table
ONLY 1 BADGE PER EXHIBITOR WILL BE GRANTED
Badges must be picked up at the Exhibitor Registration Desk located in the Crystal Palace, Level 1 of Jacob K. Javits Center beginning November 10. Personal I.D. is required.
VISITORS BADGES TO THE JACOB JAVITZ CONVENTION CENTER (minimum age 18 years)
Additional badges may be purchased by contactingInternational Hotel/Motel & Restaurant Show at www.ihmrs.com or by calling 914-421-3200.
Applications to exhibit in the 145th Annual Salon of Culinary Art must be received no later than October 18, 2013. Entry forms and detailed information are available online: www.societeculinaire.com
If we may assist you in any way please contact our office at:
Tel.: (212) 308-0628 • Fax: (212) 308-0588
Your participation in this culinary competition is most welcome.
Thomas SMYTH, Chairman of the Salon of Culinary Art
Pierre BARAN, President