Salon Of Culinary Art » Registration Info
Dear Prospective Exhibitor
For Information in Spanish: 2014 Salon Of Culinary Arts Cover Letter
It is with great pleasure that we invite you to participate in the 146th Annual Salon of Culinary Art. As is customary, this event will be held in conjunction with the 99th International Hotel/Motel & Restaurant Show, on Sunday, November 9ththrough Tuesday, November 11th at the Jacob Javits Convention Center, 11th Avenue at 34th Street, New York, NY.
As some of you already know, the Annual Salon of Culinary Art is a judged exhibition featuring numerous food categories where each exhibitor can showcase their artistic and creative skills at various levels of expertise. During the salon experience, you will be among international members of the hospitality industry, thousands of whom will view your unique craftsmanship and talent. Why not avail yourself of such enormous exposure for a nominal entry fee.
As the food industry world-wide has expanded, to include more areas of specialization, so has the Salon of Culinary Art. Please carefully review the “categories of cash awards” below, and note that new ones have been added, and many of the previous cash awards have increased! These are just a few of the numerous changes we have made throughout the enclosed application. Please read it carefully.
In addition to medals, trophies, and certificates, cash awards will be presented to exhibitors in the following categories. Please note that all cash awards and the Medal of the French Government are awarded to First Prize Winners only.
- $1,500 for the best pastry exhibit table or the best culinary exhibit table in the Grand Prize of the Salon Competition (Medal of the French Government category)
- $700 for the best Piece of the Show (chair selection)
- $350 for the best All Occasion Cake of the Salon (for tasting)
- $350 for the best Wedding Cake of the Salon (for tasting)
- $350 for the best Sugar Showpiece of the Salon
- $350 for the best Pastillage Piece of the Salon (Pasquale Rocco Award)
- $350 for the best Bakery Table of the Salon
- $250 for the best Chocolatier Table of the Salon
- $350 for the best Dessert Table of the Salon
- $250 for the best Hors d’Oeuvres Table of the Salon
- $350 for the best Meat Table of the Salon
- $350 for the best Fish Table of the Salon
- $350 for the best Tallow or Salt Centerpiece of the Salon
- $350 for the best Fruit and/or Vegetable Carving of the Salon
- $250 for the best All Occasion Cake of the Salon (not for tasting)
- $250 for the best Wedding Cake of the Salon (not for tasting)
TO ENTER THIS EVENT
To enter this event, send the following before October 10, 2014 to Société Culinaire Philanthropique, 305 East 47th Street - Suite 11B, New York, N.Y. 10017:
- Completed form (page 4 of application)
- Entry fee (check, cash or money order only)
Please Note: Incomplete applications and those received after October 10, 2014 will not be considered.
- 2014 Salon Of Culinary Arts Application Form (English)
- 2014 Salon Of Culinary Arts Application Form (Spanish)
- 2014 Salon Of Culinary Arts Cover Letter (English)
- 2014 Salon Of Culinary Arts Cover Letter (Spanish)
ENTRY FEES ARE AS FOLLOWS
- $50.00 for each entry
- $125.00 for applicant of the Medal of the French Government Competition
- $200.00 for applicant of the Marc Sarrazin Trophy Competition
- $50.00 for High Schools (4' x 4' table – 5 students maximum)
Please Note: Entry fees are non-refundable.
Once your completed application and entry fee received, you will be sent a letter of confirmation with detailed logistical information, a car pass to unload at the Jacob Javits Convention Center, exhibit space designation, exhibit identification label and an invitation to the Awards Ceremony.
JUDGING AND AWARDS
Each exhibit will be judged by a panel of judges, all highly credentialed in their respective fields of expertise. Every exhibitor will receive a Certificate of Participation in the 146th Annual Salon of Culinary Art. Prizes, trophies, medals and cash prizes will be awarded solely on the basis of merit. The Awards Ceremony will be held on Monday, November 10th at 6:30 pm at Club 101, 101 Park Avenue, N.Y.
Individual Piece Categories
In order to accommodate all exhibitors we will provide a 2'x4' table for their individual platter, cake or showpiece to be judged. See paragraph 3 “Skirting” on page 1 of the application to comply with the new requirements.
- The Medal of the French Government category requires a 4' x 8' table
- The Marc Sarrazin Competition requires a 4' x 12' table
- High School exhibits will be provided with a 4 'x 4' table
See paragraph 3 “Skirting” on page 1 of the application to comply with the new requirements
ONLY 1 BADGE PER EXHIBITOR WILL BE GRANTED
Exhibitors of the Salon of Culinary Art will receive only one Exhibitor’s Badge for each application. Badges must be picked up at the Exhibitor Registration Desk, Level 1 of Jacob K. Javits Center, beginning Saturday, November 8. Personal I.D. is required.
VISITORS BADGES TO THE JACOB JAVITZ CONVENTION CENTER (minimum age 18 years)
Additional badges may be purchased (price: $50) by contacting our office at 212-308-0628 or at email@example.com.
The deadline for applications to exhibit in the 146th Annual Salon of Culinary Art is October 10, 2014. Application forms and detailed information are available online at: www.societeculinaire.com.
As always, if we may assist you in any way please contact our office at:
Teephone.: (212) 308-0628 or
Thank you for your anticipated participation in this one of a kind culinary event. We wish you success in your participation and all future endeavors.
Joelle MAHONEY, Chairman of the Salon of Culinary Art
Pascal GUILLOTIN, President