Salon Of Culinary Art » Press Release
|Archives:||Current Press Release: 2015|
147th Annual Salon of Culinary Art & Exhibition of New York City, Inc.
Dear Prospective Exhibitor,
It is with great pleasure that we invite you to participate in the 147th Annual Salon of Culinary Art. This event will be held in conjunction with HX - The Hotel Experience Trade Show, on Sunday, November 8th through Tuesday, November 10th at the Jacob Javits Convention Center, 11th Avenue at 34th Street, New York, NY
As some of you already know, the Annual Salon of Culinary Art is a judged exhibition featuring numerous food categories where each exhibitor can showcase their artistic and creative skills at various levels of expertise. During the salon experience, you will be among international members of the hospitality industry, thousands of whom will view your unique craftsmanship and talent. Why not avail yourself of such enormous exposure for a nominal entry fee.
As the food industry world-wide has expanded, to include more areas of specialization, so has the Salon of Culinary Art. Please carefully review the “categories of cash awards” below, and note that new ones have been added, and many of the previous cash awards have increased! These are just a few of the numerous changes we have made throughout the enclosed application. Please read it carefully.
In addition to medals, trophies, and certificates, cash awards will be presented to exhibitors in the following categories.
Please note that all cash awards and the Medal of the French Government are awarded to First Prize Winners only.
- $1,500 for the best pastry exhibit table or the best culinary exhibit table in the Grand Prize of the Salon Competition (Medal of the French Government category)
- $700 for the best Piece of the Show (chair selection)
- $600 for the best Wedding Cake of the Salon (for tasting)
- $500 for the best Chocolatier Table of the Salon
- $500 for the best Meat Table of the Salon
- $500 for the best Fish Table of the Salon
- $350 for the best Sugar Showpiece of the Salon
- $350 for the best Bakery Table of the Salon
- $350 for the best Pastillage Piece of the Salon (Pasquale Rocco Award)
- $350 for the best Dessert Table of the Salon
- $350 for the best Hors d’Oeuvres Table of the Salon
- $250 for the best Fruit and/or Vegetable Carving of the Salon
- $250 for the best All Occasion Cake of the Salon (not for tasting)
- $250 for the best Wedding Cake of the Salon (not for tasting)