Salon Of Culinary Art » Press Release
|Archives:||Current Press Release: 2014|
The World's Largest Freelance Culinary Art Exhibit at the 99th International Hotel / Motel & Restaurant Show
The 146th Annual Salon of Culinary Art, organized by the Société Culinaire Philanthropique, will be held November 9 – 11, 2014 in conjunction with the 99th International Hotel/Motel & Restaurant Show at the Jacob Javits Convention Center, 11th Avenue and 34th Street, New York, N.Y.
The Salon of Culinary Art is the highlight of the show! Master Chefs, Pastry Chefs, bakers, butchers, culinarians, students and apprentices from around the world will display their culinary and decorative skills. At the Salon, you will find the realization of a food expert's dream and observe the art and science of "Haute Cuisine” at its highest level. The exhibit will include fancy buffet tables, decorated fish and poultry, pastry work, spun sugar, cocoa painting, wedding cakes, sugar, chocolate tallow, etc. centerpieces, all types of foods artistically presented and live demonstrations from Master Chefs.
Each succeeding year, the Salon exhibits new arrangements and ideas designed to promote the culinary arts. It is a friendly exhibition which showcases the knowledge and skilled workmanship that is an inspiration to the culinary, pastry and baking professions. Master Chefs and industry professionals such as Bob Johnson, Ray Duey, Lisa Mansour, Susan Schultz, Collette Peters, Alain Quirin, and numerous others will share their knowledge and showcase their skills in the new state of the art Rest-A-Lutions Theater. Here for three days you can learn tips and tricks of the pros in everything from cake decorating, fruit & vegetable carving, the enhancement of your holiday buffet tables with the Moveable feast, and all forms of business enhancement from methods to accept credit cards to improvement of your web image, simplifying your social media needs, and much, much more!
Best of all, the fee for seeing these “greats” is FREE! Yes, it is included in your general admission fee.
In addition to this fabulous program, we will present a live cooking competition, “Axed”, on Sunday, November 9th, moderated by Chef Sylvain Harribey, winner of “Chopped” on TV Food Network! Additionally, on Tuesday, November 11th join us for another live challenge, the all new COLLEGE BOWL – Throw down of the culinary schools.
SALON EXHIBIT WINNERS’ PRIZE MONEY has been increased and more categories have been added!
The Grand Prize Winner of the Salon in Cooking or Pastry will receive the Medal of the French Government. The Grand Prize winner for Buffet Presentation will receive the Marc L. Sarrazin Trophy. The Prize of Honor winner will receive the Gold Medal of the Société Culinaire Philanthropique.
In addition, cash awards will be given to first prize winners in the following categories:
- $1,500 for the best pastry exhibit table or the best culinary exhibit table in the Grand Prize of the Salon Competition (Medal of the French Government category)
- $ 700 for the best Piece of the Show (chair selection)
- $ 350 for the best All Occasion Cake of the Salon (for tasting)
- $ 350 for the best Wedding Cake of the Salon (for tasting)
- $ 350 for the best Sugar Showpiece of the Salon
- $ 350 for the best Pastillage Piece of the Salon (Pasquale Rocco Award)
- $ 350 for the best Bakery Table of the Salon
- $ 350 for the best Chocolatier Table of the Salon
- $ 350 for the best Dessert Table of the Salon
- $ 250 for the best Hors d’Oeuvres Table of the Salon
- $ 350 for the best Meat Table of the Salon
- $ 350 for the best Fish Table of the Salon
- $ 350 for the best Tallow or Salt Centerpiece of the Salon
- $ 350 for the best Fruit and/or Vegetable Carving of the Salon
- $ 250 for the best All Occasion Cake of the Salon (not for tasting)
- $ 250 for the best Wedding Cake of the Salon (not for tasting)
In addition to presentation of certificates to exhibitors, valuable prizes, trophies and medals will be awarded on the basis of merit.
- Show passes may be purchased by contacting our office at 212-308-0628 or by email to:
- Prices for show admission are $50.00.
- The deadline for applications to exhibit in the 146th Annual Salon of Culinary Art is October 10, 2014.
- Applications and detailed information are available online at: www.societeculinaire.com.
- Download the Newsletter and help spread the word.