Salon Of Culinary Art » Press Release
|Archives:||Current Press Release: 2015|
The World's Largest Freelance Culinary Art Exhibit at the 99th International Hotel / Motel & Restaurant Show
The 146th Annual Salon of Culinary Art, organized by the Société Culinaire Philanthropique, was held November 9 – 11, 2014 in conjunction with the 99th International Hotel/Motel & Restaurant Show at the Jacob Javits Convention Center, 11th Avenue and 34th Street, New York, N.Y.
The Salon of Culinary Art was the highlight of the show! Master Chefs, Pastry Chefs, bakers, butchers, culinarians, students and apprentices from around the world will display their culinary and decorative skills. At the Salon, you will find the realization of a food expert's dream and observe the art and science of "Haute Cuisine” at its highest level. The exhibit will include fancy buffet tables, decorated fish and poultry, pastry work, spun sugar, cocoa painting, wedding cakes, sugar, chocolate tallow, etc. centerpieces, all types of foods artistically presented and live demonstrations from Master Chefs.
Each succeeding year, the Salon exhibits new arrangements and ideas designed to promote the culinary arts. It is a friendly exhibition which showcases the knowledge and skilled workmanship that is an inspiration to the culinary, pastry and baking professions. Master Chefs and industry professionals such as Bob Johnson, Ray Duey, Lisa Mansour, Susan Schultz, Collette Peters, Alain Quirin, and numerous others shared their knowledge and showcased their skills in the new state of the art Rest-A-Lutions Theater.
The Grand Prize Winner of the Salon in Cooking or Pastry received the Medal of the French Government. The Grand Prize winner for Buffet Presentation received the Marc L. Sarrazin Trophy. The Prize of Honor winner received the Gold Medal of the Société Culinaire Philanthropique.
IN ADDITION, CASH AWARDS WERE GIVEN TO FIRST PRIZE WINNERS IN THE FOLLOWING CATEGORIES:
- LISA MANSOUR : $700 for the best Piece of the Show (chair selection)
- MONROE COLLEGE : $350 for the best All Occasion Cake of the Salon (for tasting)
- NEW YORK CITY COLLEGE OF TECHNOLOGY : $350 for the best Wedding Cake of the Salon (for tasting)
- $350 for the best Sugar Showpiece of the Salon
- $350 for the best Pastillage Piece of the Salon (Pasquale Rocco Award)
- $350 for the best Bakery Table of the Salon
- $250 for the best Chocolatier Table of the Salon
- $350 for the best Dessert Table of the Salon
- $250 for the best Hors d’Oeuvres Table of the Salon
- $350 for the best Meat Table of the Salon
- $350 for the best Fish Table of the Salon
- $350 for the best Tallow or Salt Centerpiece of the Salon
- $350 for the best Fruit and/or Vegetable Carving of the Salon
- $250 for the best All Occasion Cake of the Salon (not for tasting)
- $250 for the best Wedding Cake of the Salon (not for tasting)
In addition to presentation of certificates to exhibitors, valuable prizes, trophies and medals were awarded on the basis of merit.