Salon Of Culinary Art » Press Release
148th Annual Salon of Culinary Art & Exhibition of New York City, Inc. has been cancelled
We regret to inform you that our Annual Salon of Culinary Arts at the Javits Center originally scheduled for November 2016 will not take place this year. The Société Culinaire Philanthropique is currently seeking new sponsorship and plans to hold its culinary show in 2017.
Any further updates will be posted on this website. In the meanwhile, we will keep the highlights of our 2015 show up and please do visit our Salon of Culinary Arts Photo Gallery for mouthwatering culinary creations.
We thank you for your faithful participation and look forward to seeing you at our next culinary show. The following contains a list of Cash Prizes and Awards offered in our 2015 Salon. The list may change for the 2017 Salon of Culinary Arts.
Please note that all cash awards and the Medal of the French Government are awarded to First Prize Winners only.
- $1,500 for the best pastry exhibit table or the best culinary exhibit table in the Grand Prize of the Salon Competition (Medal of the French Government category)
- $700 for the best Piece of the Show (chair selection)
- $600 for the best Wedding Cake of the Salon (for tasting)
- $500 for the best Chocolatier Table of the Salon
- $500 for the best Meat Table of the Salon
- $500 for the best Fish Table of the Salon
- $350 for the best Sugar Showpiece of the Salon
- $350 for the best Bakery Table of the Salon
- $350 for the best Pastillage Piece of the Salon (Pasquale Rocco Award)
- $350 for the best Dessert Table of the Salon
- $350 for the best Hors d'Oeuvres Table of the Salon
- $250 for the best Fruit and/or Vegetable Carving of the Salon
- $250 for the best All Occasion Cake of the Salon (not for tasting)
- $250 for the best Wedding Cake of the Salon (not for tasting)